Name: Zaina Shihabi
Title: Diploma Programme (DP) Coordinator
- PhD, Education Policy and Curriculum, Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- Master of Arts in Education, Liverpool Hope University, Liverpool, United Kingdom
- In the process of completing a PGCE with Liverpool John Moore’s University
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication, American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- 4 years Higher Education teaching experience in the UK whilst completing my PhD and 2 years secondary teaching experience in Jordan and Malaysia
Zaina is an experienced DP & MYP educator, who has also taught both undergraduate and master level classes in the UK. Born in Aramco, Saudi Arabia, Zaina has since lived in Bahrain, the UAE, the UK, Jordan, and is now excited to be adding Malaysia to her list of “homes away from home”.
She holds a TESOL certification, a BA in Mass Communication, an MA in Education, and a PhD (her research centered around previous and ongoing debates surrounding A-Level curriculum and education policy in the UK). Moreover, she is a member of several professional associations including the TESOL International Association & the British Educational Research Association.
Above all, she is passionate about intercultural and interdisciplinary practices, helping students develop critical thinking skills, and providing a safe and inclusive learning environment. In her spare time, she loves to sing and listen to music.