Eco-Schools Silver Award
𝐔𝐂𝐒𝐈 𝐈𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐒𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐡𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚 𝐒𝐢𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐀𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟎!
We are thrilled to inform you that UCSI International School Springhill has officially received the Silver Award certificate from WWF-Malaysia for implementing sustainable practices in our school based on the eco-school 7-step methodology. Our educational practices and activities strongly align with SDG and Eco themes and we thank the whole school community for making this happen.
Eco-Schools is an international programme of the Foundation for Environmental Education (FEE) that aims to “empower students to be the change our sustainable world needs by engaging them in fun, action-orientated and socially responsible learning. The Eco-Schools Programme (ESP) is the largest sustainable schools programme in the world, which is currently running in more than 60 countries. In our country, WWF-Malaysia is the National Operator of the programme and more than 180 schools have registered to date. It is a great achievement and acknowledgement of the efforts and time dedicated to turning our school to a greener place. Eco-Schools assessors indicated the following strengths of our Eco-School programme at UIS Springhill:
- Very well integration of the Eco-School activities into the school curriculum.
- Good involvement of pupils in environmental activities.
- Good support from the school administration. The committee is made up of students, teachers, senior management, non-teaching staff and parents.
- Good composition of different key stakeholders of the school. Meetings are conducted frequently and documented.
- Environmental review involved students, teachers and non-teaching staff and results were displayed for the school community to view.
- Clear linkages made between initiatives and the curriculum.
- Environmental education has been embedded as part of learning outcomes and PYP project exhibitions.
- Actively participated in outside activities and collaborated with external partners as part of Eco-learning process.