Mr. Tobin Walrod
Head of Secondary
Education & Qualifications:
– Bachelor of Science ( 1st Class Average) in Health Information Science, University of Victoria, Canada
– Certificate (Hight Honours), Teaching English as a Second Language, Trinity Western University, Canada
Starting as a Tennis Coach in my early teens, I have been involved in a wide variety of coaching, teaching, mentoring, and training roles for over 25 years, with more than 15 of those years dedicated to the field of education. After earning a BSc in Information Science (1st Class Avg) from the University of Victoria, I used this training to marry technology, data management, and multimedia to the fields of teaching, coaching, and mentoring. I also studied at Trinity Western University, earning a TESL Certificate (High Honours), including intensive training in Phonetics, Phonology, Sociolinguistics, and Applied Linguistics. My teaching, life, and work experience spans multiple countries, including Canada, the USA, the Philippines, Germany, Japan, and Malaysia.
Throughout that time, I have also adhered to the personal mission statement of promoting international and multi-cultural understanding through education, relationships, and shared life experiences across borders, ethnicities, and cultures. I have served as the Head of Secondary for UCSI International School, Subang Jaya for almost three years.
Plans for the development of the Secondary School at UCSI International School, Subang Jaya:
- Maintain our high standard of academics.
- Continue to focus on holistic development and fostering well-rounded, knowledgeable global citizens.
- Train the students in leadership, cross cultural awareness, and global perspectives.
- The right tools + the right team.
- Hone 21stcentury skills.
Moving forward, these are the focus points that will enable UCSI Secondary School to remain as a leader in the field, as well as the premier value-for-money education centre in Selangor.